Tuesday, April 30, 2013

James is all smiles
April is gone and May is arriving with a cold front.  It has been odd weather this spring. 
James is growing up so fast.  Justin and Sarah have already started him on cereal.  He is such as sweet boy.  Naomi, his sister, is a sweetie as well.  Janie and I went over to see them and to help out with some plumbing work in their kitchen remodeling effort.  As I lay down on the floor working on the pipes under the new sink Naomi leaned over on me and just jabbered away as if telling me just exactly how to do it.  Later Janie told me to take a look at Naomi as she was standing with Janie's cell phone up to her ear and again just jabbering away.  We took a tour of the farm while we were there and sat for a while in their back yard enjoying James and Naomi.  Naomi seems to like her backyard play house.
Naomi about to give us a tour of her play house

Spanish lessons are going very well.  Art, our teacher, is a really good teacher.  When we got to class this Monday I asked him in Spanish "Would you preach for me this Sunday night?"  He corrected both my pronunciation and my syntax but seemed pleased that I was making sentences of my own.  I then asked him in English and he was shocked that I was asking him to fill in for me on Sunday night while I was on vacation.  He said yes and I wish I could be there to hear him teach God's word.  I know he will do an outstanding job.  Spanish is not a hard language to learn.  I have even dreamed that I was making up sentences in Spanish and they actually made sense.  I am going to really apply myself to this task.
My piano lessons are coming along slowly.  I have made good progress in the book our oldest daughter gave me to learn by.  After I finish this blog I am going to practice the piano.
I learned today an interesting fact about about legal marriage in Texas.  It seems that according to the Law it does not matter where the wedding ceremony is held.  You can get your marriage license in the county of your residence and have the ceremony out of state so as long as you turn in the certificate of marriage to the same county clerk's office your marriage is legal in the state of Texas.  In about 2 weeks I will be officiating at a wedding in Shreveport but the license will be from Shelby County Texas. 
Hooking up a sink, dishwasher, and ice maker
Plumbing was a trade I practiced for only 2 years of my 60 years on earth.  You would not think a skill that took up such a small portion of my life would keep coming back to haunt me.  I must admit though the knowledge and skill sure has saved me and my family and friends a lot of money over the years.


No comments:

Post a Comment